Monday, January 11, 2016

It's already January 11th

Winter has most definitely settled in here in Montreal. January is hibernation month for many people. And for artists, it's a good time of the year since there are less excuses to go out and instead work in the studio. Considering the projects that I have planned for 2016, which for the most part only begin in the spring and summer, this will be the first time that I can actually work at my pace and finally work steadily on my ideas instead of sporadically jumping from one project to another.

At the beginning of every year, I always wonder if I should continue with this blog. Now that I have an Instagram account, I wonder if it isn't too redundant to do both. How many posts do I write a week? What happens when I stop, do I lose followers? Do I have even have any followers still? I think a couple of posts a week should suffice for now. I'd like to streamline my work schedule and not always have this blog hanging over my head. It's supposed to be fun, not a chore.

Finally got around to finishing odd jobs around the apartment that were leftover from the summer time, such as painting the dining room chairs. We hung up the mirror that got left sitting on our bedroom floor since we moved in. Got the bikes stored in the basement for the winter before the snow fell, etc, etc.

My art studio got organized once again over the holidays. Threw out a bunch of photo references and managed to find that small wooden box that had my new brushes stored in it which I thought got lost or thrown away by accident. I think one of my New Year's resolution is to attack the pile of small-sized wood panels that I have and make a bunch of paintings with them. The next step after that's done is to get going on my larger-scale paintings that I plan to have ready for the upcoming summer art fairs.











No comments:

Post a Comment