Wednesday, September 30, 2015

DAY-GLO clay figurine on ETSY


Clay figurine, DAY-GLO 10, 2012

I always mention every so often that I do keep some of my own work for my personal collection. It's important that I feel ok when I sell an artwork. And that I don't feel like I'm giving a piece of myself away too soon. If I have to hold onto an artwork, it's so that I can learn from it and figure out how the hell I made it. Yes, sometimes I look at my work and can't explain how I made it...it just happens. Especially when it comes to my clay figurines. They're all made from scratch and I never, ever know what the end result is going to be like. They're little people come alive right in my hands...I know, sounds a little creepy.

To make a long story short, the above clay figurine has been in my personal collection since 2012. I just couldn't give her up. But now, I'm ready to move on and find other things to fall in love with.
So if you like her, you can find her in my ETSY shop.



Aren't they cool when they're all lined up like that?










No comments:

Post a Comment