Friday, July 31, 2015

Apartment update - the living room

As promised, here are the latest photos of our apartment. I'll start with the living room today. I'll pick another room to feature in another post.
The apartment's still a work in progress. And I'm always changing things around cause that's what I do.

This is the first thing you see when you walk up the stairs to our 2nd floor apartment. The french doors lead to our bedroom. My studio is off the the left in the front of the apartment.

My intention is to keep the space as open as possible. This means that the old country-style blue dining room table has to go and be replaced with something a little more streamlined, but still cool of course. We don't like chrome metal legs or the cheap white table tops from IKEA. More importantly, we are dealing with a very limited small space that has to fit 4 people next to the living room in the same room. In theory, this would just be the dining room, but we took the living room in the front as our bedroom. We basically converted a 2-bedroom apartment into a 3-bedroom apartment.

We never knew that side tables were so ugly and expensive. So until we find ones that make our heart skip a beat, we're going to live with my oak wood filer as a side table to hold the lamp. The other lamp in the room is sitting on an old metal bench. Still works in a bohemian kind of way.

We've got a combination of just about everything on the yellow bookcase. There are my clay bunnies, Lorenzo's ceramic bust, wood figurines from our Nicaragua trip back in 2007, books, boxes of photos, etc...
The trick is to balance everything out and not make it look cluttered...which is what's going on here as I still haven't finished sorting out everything. 










No comments:

Post a Comment