Tuesday, May 19, 2015

New apartment


Some photos of our new apartment taken with my cell phone. Early morning with no sunshine after a rainy night. Looks a little dark and dreary, but rest assured that we get lots of sunshine in this place. So far, none of the house plants have died from the transition.

My trusty red desk lamp and my glittery gold Buddha statue sitting among my paint brushes in a corner of my studio.
The beginnings of a living room / dining room. Still not decorated yet. What's fun about this room is that there's a ledge that runs all along the walls of the room. Perfect for displaying paintings. And no need for nails.

Not the best photo of my studio, which is still in a semi-state of chaos.

A partial view of the front balcony just off my studio.  I think the  balcony  is bigger than my studio space....it's one big-ass balcony.
Lorenzo taking a selfie with my new phone. And yes, there are still unpacked boxes  in our apartment. Hopefully by the summer, we'll have the apartment completely finished. For now, school and work come first.
















4 comments:

  1. The ledge overhead the living room area does seem like it's going to be handy. The idea of displaying art pieces across it is genius. That way, you won't have to drill too many holes, which can result in damaging the walls. Also, I love the semi-state chaos you have going on in your studio. I think it describes a lot about your character as an artist. I love the apartment, Isabella! Thanks for giving us a lovely tour of it! All the best!

    Myron Payne @ Finlay Brewer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Myron,
      Since I took these photos, there's been more work done to the apartment, but not enough to my satisfaction. I can now say that my studio space is up and running which is a very good thing since I haven't made a new painting since we moved out of our old apartment. I'm not conducive to working in any kind of messy situation, so this period of transition has been a little stressful and unsettling. Thank you for your words of encouragement!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That new home of yours is lookig great. The atmosphere is so warm and calm, with the paintings at the ledge adding liveliness to the entire area. In any way, thanks for sharing that, Isabella! Congrats on having a new home and a new phone! Hahaha! All the best to you and your family!

    Dianne Carroll @ Becovic Management Group

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dianne,
      Thank you! I've done much more decorating and re-arranging since posting these first photos of our latest apartment. I'm looking forward to showing some new and updated pics soon.

      Delete