Monday, May 18, 2015

Handmade Harvest 2015


Handmade Harvest Spring Show 2015

Today's a holiday Monday here in Canada..."Queen Victoria Day" to be exact. Sounds a little antiquated for modern times, but I don't think anyone's complaining about having a day off from school or work.

It's been about 2 weeks now since we moved into our new apartment. Already feels like home and I'm forgetting what the old apartment was like. That's a good sign. I think.

Besides a new apartment, I've also just gotten a new computer all to myself (after having shared a computer with both my kids for the last 9 years). Our family computer is finally on it's last leg and we didn't want to wait until it completely died on us. That would not have been a good thing, especially with all the photos of my artwork that I have on that old computer. That would have been total disaster.

On top of everything else, I finally got a new cell phone! I know, sounds like I'm bragging, but I'm not, honestly.
I've been putting off buying a cell phone for a while now since I quit my part-time job last summer. I figured why get rid of the land line at home if I'm working from home? But Augusto and the kids each got cell phones last summer and since that time, I've felt a little left out of the "inner circle".
I want to start an Instagram account and be a little more current with my social media. I'm not a big Facebook fan and I like the fast and quick way of doing things on Instagram... a nice photo and a short blurb is all you need. So my new cell phone will be the perfect tool for this.

So with all this "newness" in my life in such a short period of time, my brain's feeling a little overwhelmed.
Which brings me to the Handmade Harvest 2015 Spring Show that is coming up in less than 2 weeks....Saturday, May 30th and Sunday, May 31st in Kanata, Ontario (just near Ottawa).
I still have to unpack my sculptures and get them ready for this big event. I'm just glad that my Virgo perfectionism kicked in back in March, so a lot of details were taken care of such as buying fabric for the table, cello bags, business cards, etc, etc...

Click on the link above to see all the vendors that will be at the Handmade Harvest Show. Looks like a great crowd!














No comments:

Post a Comment