Friday, January 16, 2015

Everyday life: new swimmer sculptures


Swimmer clay sculptures
This week has been a clay sculpture making week for me. I received an order to do a commission for 2 clay busts as a wedding gift for a couple in Australia.
As is my habit, I always end up sculpting a few figures at the same time. It makes it easier when it comes time to apply the paint, to paint them simultaneously . This allows time for the paint to dry on one sculpture while I work on the others. The worst is to paint one section of a sculpture and have your fingers smear the wet paint on the other parts of it. Unlike a painting, you have to hold the sculpture while you paint it.
Pictured above are 2 new swimmer sculptures….# 34 and # 35. I've tried my best to keep an accurate record of the exact number of swimmers that Ive made since the beginning.










No comments:

Post a Comment