Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Everyday life: look at the pretty snow




This is what I woke up to this morning. This is technically our "real" first snowfall for Montreal, because this time the snow will stay and not melt away. The forecast calls for snow pretty much non-stop till Friday.

The first snow fall is always the prettiest because it is still fresh and new for me even though I've lived through many winters since I was born.
The snow looks light and white and clean and oh so pretty.
Makes you want to make hot cocoa.
Makes you want to sit by a fire and read a good book.
Makes you want to go out and buy a pair of skis and do some cross-country skiing up North.

My nostalgia for winter will last about 3 seconds, after which I mark my calendar like a prisoner and wait for spring to come back.

Will I become one of those retired folks that will move away and live the rest of their days out in some tropical climate?
I only hope so.













No comments:

Post a Comment