Saturday, September 13, 2014

New Giant Clay Figure Series

The KYOJIN series
acrylic & clay
2014
I went back to my pile of clay that's been sitting in my studio for some time and decided to make some new larger size clay sculpture figures. I was going to call these new sculptures: The Giant Series, but thought best to find a translation in another language for the word "giant" and found the Japanese word: KYOJIN a suitable match. Sounds more exotic. My reasoning for all this was that "The Giant Series" makes me think of baseball. And my figures are definitely not about baseball.
I love these new clay figures. I think they're awesome! I think some time away from making clay figures was good for me and I came back with a better and stronger approach. (I love the orange guy).












No comments:

Post a Comment