Monday, June 16, 2014

FIMA Montreal - FESTIVAL GRAND PRIZE

All in all, FIMA turned out to be quite the art fair!
I won the 1st place award - GRAND PRIX du FESTIVAL.
I received $500.00 and a VIP booth for next year's edition of FIMA 2015.
The awards ceremony was Saturday evening and when Stéphane Mabilais (the art fair general director) called out my name, Augusto and I were so surprised and excited and happy! WOW! I almost started to cry on stage, but I did my best not to. Even now as I write this, I'm getting all emotional. I feel so honoured that the judges thought of my work so highly and deemed my work the best of the show. The jury was formed by Cédric Taillon, Damian Siquerios, Mélodie Hébert and Daniel Barkley.
What an amazing experience and what a great opportunity to be recognized by my peers in the art world and to be appreciated by the public. It's the best feeling in the world!





















No comments:

Post a Comment