Friday, May 16, 2014

Everyday life: The Swallow's Nest B&B in Ithaca

While in Ithaca, we stayed at The Swallow's Nest Organic Bed & Breakfast  located in the Song neighbourhood of the EcoVillage in Ithaca ( just 5 mins from downtown).
The studio apartment was spacious and there was plenty of room for a family of four.
Breakfast was included and there was plenty of choices, all organic, including homemade zucchini bread by the owner.
Michelle and Joe who run the B& B are super nice and accommodating.

Augusto and I plan to go back again. This is the perfect place to wind down and rejuvenate.

View of the Song neighbourhood


The weather was perfect during our 3 days in Syracuse and Ithaca. The grass was so vibrant and green. 

View of the pond. At night, there was a beautiful symphony of frogs and in the morning, amazing birds can be heard.
I recorded both with my camera just because these sounds are so beautiful and something that you don't hear in the big city. But at the moment, I can't seem to download them, so when I get the technical kicks sorted out, I'll add the videos to this post.

















No comments:

Post a Comment