Monday, April 14, 2014

Historical Portrait: Ann part 2

Ann (Nancy) Johnson c. 1770 part 2,  acrylic on gessobord, (5" x 7"),  2014

SOLD

I don't usually do more than 1 painting from a found image, but I had the urge to do a second historical portrait of Ann Johnson.
The first painting of Ann was done last year on a 10" round canvas and she looks younger and different than this second version, which is to be expected since I try to begin every new painting without too much expectations and also without too much over-thinking. Analytical painting is not my thing. I prefer instinct mixed with technique (if you can't draw, people will know).
















2 comments:

  1. Just found you on Etsy, Isabella. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karin. Your abstract art is pretty cool too.

      Delete