Sunday, February 9, 2014

Everyday life: weekend vernissage

Saturday, Augusto and I drove to the Arbor gallery in Vankleek Hill for the EROS show vernissage. Both kids had other Saturday things to do; Lorenzo went to see the new LEGO movie and Greta spent most of the day at a friend's birthday party, so that left me and Augusto alone to spend a fun day trip together.
Here's a photo of me posing with my art work at the Arbor gallery:

I've been drawing nudes since I was 17 years old. I forget sometimes that there are still people that can get very sensitive when it comes to genitalia (especially the "penis").
It was fun to see my sculptures posing in a glass showcase. The blue turban nude girl sold on the first day!


The gallery presented a show with live music and singing. There was also lots of chocolate and lots of mingling. I met three of the other artists who were also exhibiting ( Erica Taylor, Roy Whiddon and Mark Greenwald) and there was plenty of talk and exchange of ideas about art, nudity and what it's like to be an artist today.


The EROS runs until March 9th, 2014. The ARBOR gallery is open from Thursday to Sunday (12-4pm).




















No comments:

Post a Comment