Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Art Scene: The Broken Circle Breakdown



I love movie trailers. I can spend an hour on the iTunes Movie trailers website just watching them.
I came across this particular Belgian movie: The Broken Circle Breakdown (directed by Felix Van Groeningen)  and thought it was an American movie about a girl and a boy. But it's actually a Belgian movie and no one speaks English except when they sing. Quite astounding cast of actors.
I haven't seen the movie yet as it seems it only comes out here in Canada in November, but the movie was made in 2012 and has won numerous awards in Europe.
Here is a youtube video of the main actors (Veerle Baetans and Johan Heldenbergh) from the movie singing live on stage the very beautiful sad song: If I Needed You.  It's so sweet and emotional, it just makes you wanna cry.

















No comments:

Post a Comment