Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday Art Scene: Jiro Ono

Jiro Ono



This is a new Friday post that I hope to have each week that will feature different artists' works that I think rock the contemporary art world of today.
Considering the vastness of the internet, there are no longer geographical boundaries to impede one's ability to discover what artists are doing in other parts of the world.
That said, I have to admit that I'm quite overwhelmed by the seemingly bottomless pit of incredible art out there today.
I've resorted to compiling a list of artist's names in a special red book that I keep in my studio. It is the only way that I can keep track of names and learn who is who.
This in a way will be my own personal art class where I hope to somehow make sense of today's art world and find out where I stand among my contemporaries.
I think great art is good for everyone. There is so much to learn from it.

Here is my first Friday Art Scene artist. Not a painter, but a master sushi chef at the top of his game; Jiro Ono still thinks that he has more to learn at the ripe old age of 85!
I think anyone and everyone can learn a lot from watching this documentary about Jiro no matter what you do in life.
Devotion to your art is priceless and rare in this modern age of quick and fast results.
Below is the official trailer to the documentary film: JIRO DREAMS OF SUSHI












No comments:

Post a Comment