Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Fish out of Water


Today started early for me at 5:30am when the alarm went off and I thought I was dreaming that the alarm went off.  The weather was iffy outside and I wasn't sure if I was going to leave with Augusto and go swimming while he was at work (he works part time at the YMCA downtown).
There was a break in the rain, so I collected my bathing suit and goggles and left with Augusto for the downtown Y at 6:30am by bike only to discover midway that my back tire that was supposed to have been repaired on Saturday was flat again. Not so great to have to walk back home and push a bike in a thunderstorm at 7:00am in the morning.
Did I get to go swimming? Nope!
Did I get wet? You betcha!
Was I deflated like my tire? Yes, I was!
Is it still raining outside? Yes, it is!
Did I eat my breakfast on the couch? Yes I did and I watched an episode of MAD MEN for the very first time. Excellent series. I have no idea why I've never watched this show before. Now I have to go out and rent all the first 6 seasons of it and catch up.
Do I need to go back to bed and take a nap? Yes, I do, so that I can re-start this day again.


















No comments:

Post a Comment