Monday, April 29, 2013

Domestic bliss


This weekend, I cleaned and cleaned and organized the apartment. Sometimes, I have a strong need to do this before I can continue any further with my painting. I need my space free of clutter otherwise my mind wanders and so does my art.
It all began Saturday morning in anticipation of our new mattress arriving. All of a sudden, I saw the opportunity to finally get around to re-organizing my studio space and in turn the rest of the apartment, including both kids' rooms. A certain furniture piece that wasn't working in one room got a new life and use when moved to another room in the apartment. By the end of the day, everything looked brighter and airier. Even the plants were happier.
Sounds boring and domestic?
Not to me.
I'm one of those people who hyperventilates just watching a tv episode of Hoarding: Buried Alive.
I need my space. And I need everything in it's place.









No comments:

Post a Comment