Monday, March 18, 2013

Abstracted landscape

Landscape series # 5 Winter 2013, acrylic on gessoed paper, 2013

Another landscape. Another example of how many of my landscapes naturally veer off into abstraction. They say that abstraction is based on reality whether the artist is conscious of it or not during the creative process. I did take an abstract painting class last year in the spring and found that because I was keenly aware that I wanted to create a painting that was supposed to be abstract, it stopped me in my tracks. It became an effort to have to think about the process and inevitably, I rebelled against the whole idea of it and ended up creating many works in the class that were "realistic". Funny how the mind thinks and works in certain situations.







No comments:

Post a Comment