Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Siesta time



Clay sculture, 2013
It's been a while since I've done any swimming and my body is not too happy about it. I keep trying to figure out in my head when is a good time to "fit" it in my schedule, but the truth is that I just don't feel like it. I'm pretty lazy right now with any sort of physical activity and I'm just going with the flow of things. In some convoluted way, I think that if I'm feeling tired, maybe it's because I am.
In today's North American society, it's always about go go go. There's this underlining competitiveness among people today, especially women, that if you can manage to work out, work all day at work and get supper on the table, you're the epitome of the modern day superwoman. Really? That kinda of makes me tired just thinking about it.
You know what I wish we could have? A siesta in the afternoon. A nice little cat nap does the body and mind good. It should be part of the work schedule. Maybe that way, everyone wouldn't be so cranky.















No comments:

Post a Comment