Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Starbuck's cake pop (or cake on a stick)

Cake on a stick # 1, acrylic, ink on gessoed paper, 12/2012
So my daughter, Greta, who's twelve, is not a big milk drinker. But she is an avid hot chocolate milk drinker. When we were in Ottawa at the beginning of December, it was really really cold. Hence, a perfect excuse to go inside the local Starbucks and get a (you guessed it!)....hot chocolate.
That is when I discovered the little delicate pink cake pops at the counter. So perfect and pinkishly glazed with white sprinkles to boot.
Of course, I bought one and carefully kept it in my purse without crushing it all the way back home to Montreal. I made three different paintings on paper. After which, Greta and I split the cake pop in half and ate it. Yum, yum.
















No comments:

Post a Comment