Thursday, January 10, 2013

Landscape series # 5

Landscape series # 5, acrylic on gessoed paper, 2013
My landscapes always seem to lean towards abstraction, yet remain firmly landscapes. It's all about balance between colours and composition when I'm working on this type of art.
The few times that I do attempt an abstract painting, the results are always lacking. Which for me only means that abstract art needs some sort of reality to begin with. That is my take on it, but I'm sure many other artists would have their own arguments about abstract art and what is should and shouldn't be. I can only base myself on my own experience.
If my art veers towards abstraction, it occurs naturally. I never force it otherwise I lose my focus and end up over analyzing too much and destroying the work resulting in a painting that says nothing.













No comments:

Post a Comment