Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Coto de Imaz

Coto de Imaz, acrylic on gessoed Stonehenge paper, 7 1/2" x 11", 2013
Today is Augusto's 50th birthday! Happy birthday sweetheart!

I thought it fitting to post my latest illustration...a special bottle of Spanish red wine for Augusto's birthday celebrations.
I have to say the painting turned out pretty wicked. I really like this one. I tried to just observe and look and not think too much, otherwise the details on the bottle label would have freaked me out. Amazing what the body and brain can do together when we don't interfere and just let them to do their thing.

Below are pictures of the birthday boy with the kids and myself at my sister's wedding this past summer.
These pictures are a little bit more fun than trying to take current ones of us standing outside in the snow and cold. People just look better in the summer. But I do promise to take some indoor birthday photos today.


A U G U S T O !

Lorenzo and Augusto

Greta and Augusto

Augusto and me








No comments:

Post a Comment