Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Breakfast time

Orange juice and eggs, acrylic on linen panel, 8" x 8", 2013

SOLD

Last Friday, I saw this checkered red and white dish cloth in a kitchen supply store. Since it was the very last one and it had gotten separated from its original packaging, I got it for $4.30. 
For now, I have no intention of using it in my kitchen. I bought it for the sole purpose that it would make a great backdrop for some still life painting. 
I made the above still life Sunday morning so that I could catch the shadows from the sunlight streaming through the studio windows. 
I can draw straight lines if I concentrate hard enough, but I really didn't feel like it this weekend. The orange juice was harder to paint than the eggs were. I didn't realize that orange juice was such a particular shade of "orange". 
You can find this painting in my  Etsy shop.














No comments:

Post a Comment