Saturday, February 4, 2012

Still life class 101

It's already been three weeks since I started my art class. We did a study of a still life. It being my first class in a very long time, I wasn't sure what materials to bring. So, I figured that I would recycle some small canvases that have been sitting around the house. I always feel a little bad when I gesso over old paintings, but sometimes it's better to do that than keep looking at the same old paintings that don't really work anymore.
So here's the first series that I completed.
Still life # 1, acrylic on canvas, 8" x 8", 2012

Still life # 2, acrylic on canvas, 6" x 6", 2012

Still life # 3, acrylic on canvas, 6" x 6", 2012

Still life # 4, acrylic on canvas, 6" x 6", 2012

Still life # 5, oil on canvas, 6" x 6", 2012

Still life # 6, oil on canvas, 6" x 6", 2012

Still life # 7, acrylic on canvas, 6" x 6", 2012

Still life # 8, acrylic on canvas, 6" x 6", 2012
I still have a couple of more ideas that I would like to execute for this series, but I've got to get more materials before I can complete the last painting. It involves some collage and I'm still figuring out the layout.











No comments:

Post a Comment