Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Painting # 4, 2011

I figured it was time to do some painting. So I got out one of my 5 x 7 ampersand gessoboard...very professional...had to order them from the States because selection of art supplies is very limited here in Montreal. Don't believe me? Ask any professional artist and they would probably agree with me.
So anyway, back to the painting. It is based on a photo of Lorenzo that I took of him a couple of years ago. Definitely didn't turn out the way I wanted. Near the end, I started using black india ink because I just couldn't seem to get what I wanted out of the painting.
Tune in tomorrow, because the drawing that I made right after this painting is pretty cool.

Lorenzo,  acrylic, india ink on gessoboard, April 19, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment